Is UE4 better for low end gpu or I should use UE 5 for Archviz Videos

I’m using 1050ti 4Gb, and I wanted to ask if I can use UE5 and using baking for whole scene and using Lumen for reflections, I think that would not support Nanite so I’d have to rely on LODs

how does that work compared with UE4, does it look as good as UE5, is it faster compared to UE5 because in it I constantly keep running out of memory and I know it’s resource hungry but I never imagined it’d be this much since I even turn down size of diffuse textures from 512 and normal and roughness map to 256 but I still can’t use full Lumen on it as I expected

also is it worth upgrading from 5.3 to 5.4 for someone like me in Archviz Field

Thank you.

1 Like

You really need to upgrade that card. Something more like a 20 series, with at least 8GB VRAM.

There’s no point in baking the scene and then using Lumen for reflections. Lumen is not very good at reflections, but is good at scene lighting. So you might need that the other way around :slight_smile:

You can use UE5 and turn Lumen off, and carry on with static lighting, that way, you get some new stuff, but don’t have the performance hit. Having said that, even without Lumen, UE5 will drive your GPU into the ground before you really get started.

If you are going to use 5, then 5.4.1 is noticeably more performant than the other versions so far, in my opinion.

True man, I am thinking of upgrading from long time, I finally thought of settling with 4060 12gb but then they announced 50 series so I’m holing off for a bit longer

Gotta update to 5.4 for sure, Btw does nanite work with Static lighting ?

and also, If you dont mind, is more Vram better or higher cores, like for ex 4060 has higher Vram and its TI version has higher cores

1 Like

Maybe wait for the 50 series, and then get a 40 :slight_smile: Cheaper that way.

Bench-test wise, cores will win, but in daily use VRAM wins hands down.

I don’t know for sure, but I’m pretty sure Nanite isn’t suited to static lighting. You’re fighting the system. Either go all the way and use dynamic lights, Lumen and Nanite. Or, use static lights and LODs.

1 Like