is UDK good for PS2 games??

i know UDK is basically the Xbox 360 and PS3 engine but is it also good for Xbox JoJo Golden Wind Edition (get it cause Golden Wind is 2001 and OG Xbox was released in 2001) and PS2 and Gamecube and Dreamcast graphics/game/whatever??

You can make games that look like they’re from the PS2 era. I’m pretty sure there is no way to package a UDK game so that it will run on a PS2.

I wish… I am a ps2 fan to : D much better than the ps4 in my opinion all you do in ps4 is wait.

No you CAN NOT package a game made in UDK and make it run on the PS2, but you can make a game wich has the graphical style of PS2 and even the PS1 era’s graphics.

I did port the UDK Engine to PS3 and Xbox360 some years ago:

And now I am making a game for both PC, PS3 and Xbox360, however, the consoles version is a homebrew game, an unnoficial game, since neither Microsoft of Sony accept new game’s releases for these old consoles.

Here is my game running on my jailbroken/hacked PS3 console at 60fps most of the time:

But believe me, developing for consoles is not that cool, on the contrary, it can be a lot frustrating. Consoles have a very limited ammount of RAM memory, just for example, the PS3 has only 256 MB of RAM. As a result I had to make a second version of my game specifically to consoles, with reduced resolution of textures, reduced resolution of the lightmaps, i.e, an inferior version of the game.

Other than this, PC is the future of gaming, Steam number of users confirms this. PC is an open platform, you can make any kind of game you want, and since now Steam does not censor games anymore, everything can be released there. As for consoles, your game must be approved by either SONY, Microsoft, Nintendo, before the game goes on their stores.

Also the prices of the games. Always the PC Version is cheaper than consoles versions of any game, and with superior quality. From the point of view of business, yes, releasing on consoles is very important because it takes your game for a broader audience, however, from a player’s and developer’s perspective, I dont think it is worth the ammount of work it takes to optimize your game for these platforms.

that’s weird after all UDK or Unreal Engine 3 as we like to call it was released in 2004 and the xbox 360/PS 3/Wii (AKA the 7th gen) were released in 2005/2006 so it doesn’t make sense that it can only make games for the 7th gen when in reality it was released at the 6th gen but not make games to it as well

dude 7th gen and 6th gen are the best so both ps3/xbox360/wii and ps2/gamecube/dreamcast/og-xbox are sexy and i wish that the 8th gen and 9th gen weren’t real at all and i wish we would stay with the xbox 360 and ps3 and ps2 and xbox and gamecube and wii forever