Is this possible?

Hey guys. Is it possible to hook up a monitor to a computer so that the computer screen continues on the monitor? Basically so what I can’t see on this screen, I can see on the other? If this is possible, could someone tell me how to do it or link me to a tutorial? Thanks!

yes it is possible, actually I’m doing it right now, all you need to do(on windows machines, don’t know about macs…ect) is plug both screens in then right click on the desktop and go to “graphics options”>“output to” and then select “clone display” to show the same thing on both or “extend desktop” to show different things on each.

hope that helps:)

It is almost the same for mac and linux, you only need the extra output for the second graphic output device.

Also remember when people show presentations on projector, that projector is a second output device, so it is possible.

Okay, so, how exactly does this work? On one screen, my desktop shows but with no icons and no cursor, and on the other, everything shows.

OH, nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks so much for the quick response. :slight_smile: