Hello, I am doing research for an upcoming project and would like to hear from the experts if the following is possible within the engine. If doable, please reply with some specific keywords or topics that can help me get further informed. Also, if you are someone that can potentially collaborate in this project, I would like to hear from you too.
The idea is to create an architectural design tool that will allow users to collaborate in real-time. This tool is not intended to compete or be nearly as complex as 3DSMax. The drawing mode will mostly be from a plan view. Below are some specific features that would be needed:
- A masterplan image (JPG/PNG) can be imported and calibrated for scale.
- A library of prefabricated geometry which can be added onto the canvas.
- An API will allow for new geometry to be added to the library.
- The app should be able to work offline, and synchronize with the API when online.
- Tools are needed to rotate, scale, and move the geometry around the canvas.
- Draw paths, rectangular or smooth with multiple control points and bezier curves.
- Define enclosed paths as boundaries to keep geometry in or out.
- Calculate area, perimeter, and volume of selected geometries.
- A bezier curve could be used to define a walkway (after adding width and thickness of walkway).
- User privileges will restrict certain actions (moving objects, adding new geometry, sharing, etc…)
- Screenshots can be captured and shared.
- Designs can have multiple versions and can be shared / edited by other users.