Hi Guys. Sorry for the Question but i just started Unreal 3 weeks ago as a short course from my school. It was all going well but suddenly i notice that for my current project it was lagging even with medium setting. you can even see after-images…
so my laptop spec is
I7-6700HQ @ 2.6ghz
64bit Win 10
GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 has a intel integrated Graphics Card as well.
What i had in this project was (3rd Person New Project)
- terrain created with World Machine,
- A Landscape Material seems to be a high specs mat with grass, flower, rocks and wind simulated movement on the grass and flowers,
- Some Additional Trees and Rocks.
- a constant backgroup sound
- 2 moving objects using matinee
So would like to ask is this okay for unreal development? i am guessing the Landscape Mat is the Problem. I am thinking of upgrading the ram to 16 gb at least since it seems once i run Unreal about 80% of the ram is gone. But does that even helps at all?
any help is appericated thanks.