Is this laptop good enough for UE4?

So, I’m new with UE4(kinda…). I had installed it last year on my laptop but didn’t get to try it since my laptop became very slow and so I was forced to delete it. But you’d be asking, what’s the point of coming back? Well I want to use UE4 as it seems like the proper engine for me. So, here it is:

• I know laptops are not recommended for game development but I’m not gonna build a new PC for a couple of months.
    Here’s my laptop specs:

• Dell Inspiron 5559 (2016)

• i7 6500U 2.5 GHz (4 CPU’s)

• AMD Radeon R5 M335 4GB
    -Windows 10 64-bit

• Intel HD 520 (not required pretty obvious)

I couldn’t afford a proper NVIDIA card either so this is the best I’ve got.
Can I run it?

-Xpecting answers

Hello there and welcome. I think you can but the speeds won’t be that great. You may also have problems if you use too many effects etc. Since UE4 it’s free, I think you should just download it and see for yourself :slight_smile:

Any of the ASUS ROG series laptops that I have toyed with have been great systems.

Look at here http://pc4u.org/

Wouldn’t buy this specifically to run UE4, it tends to run badly on integrated chipsets. Chuck another couple hundred at it and get something with a dedicated GPU. I picked up a older MSI with I7 16gb ram SSD and a GTX980 for about 150 more. If you can’t afford it, save up and get that extra bang for your buck - you wont regret it.