Is this hardware enough for development with both Visual Studio and Unreal Engine?

Can someone please tell me is this hardware enough for Visual Studio and Unreal Engine to work fast?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
RAM: 32GB (16x2) 3600 MHz
PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series 750W
SSD: 2TB(2x1) Samsung SSD 860 Evo
Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 2560x1440
Motherboard: B550 Aorus Elite V2

Good choice!

I don’t need 64GB RAM?

You are absolutely good with this. I mean seriously, do people really think that they need a nuclear power reactor to run Unreal Engine? I’ve used the engine for over a year with an Intel Core i5-7500 (4 cores!!), 8GB ram, and a GTX1050Ti. Yeah compile times were… not great, but apart from that everything was fine.

That would make a good build. you don’t “Need” 64 gb ram but its nice to have if you have alot of apps running, also you might want to go with a 3200 Mhz ram, I noticed some applications hate overclocking and crash,

My primary desktop has a i7-4700K (yeah, that’s a 7 year old processor), 7 year old 32GB RAM, a SSD only for boot drive and primary applications, otherwise all spinner disks.

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond good there.

I’m not even able to use my desktop right now, because it’s in use by another person in the house, so I actually am doing work right now on a 7 year old laptop with a i7-4900MQ and 16GB RAM. Problem is the laptop only has a 250GB SSD, so I do have issues with that, as 250GB isn’t really enough to hold a whole game in development and actual software and other data you might need to have on a general purpose device.

I was wondering how the 6800 series gpu run in unreal engine 5 with ray tracing , Im planning to buy a laptop ASUS - ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition for running unreal engine

A laptop. For running UE?
Sure, if you want the laptop to burn in about 10 minutes, it sounds like a great idea.

And no.
No laptop is even remotely comparable to a desktop with even an old 1080 (despite other cards being 3 generation ahead).

Also, laptops are limited in additional things you could or may need to add… max ram caps early.
Disk Drives are probably not M.2. And if they are there’s probably just one slot?
Thats besides them being overly prone to overheating when running something that literally makes 3090s struggle.

Save your money. Buy a desktop.

With approx the same price you can get a latest gen ryzen CPU and a Black Knight ROG mobo.
Which will probably last you 3 to 5 years…

Sure, that’s only 2 out of 5 components, and you won’t find a GFX unless you pay 300% markup.
But if you are actually trying to work a laptop is never really going to cut it.

Or when you forget it on it might literally burn your desk.

My decade old laptop (with 1TB SSD upgrade) is just fine for light UE work, if I wasn’t presently involved in an absolutely massive already commercial project, it has an absolute bare minimum Nvidia Quadro, so I can’t run it with my commercial product, but it does fine with the Retro FPS that I’m also part of.

The commercial product is presently 612GB for my \Unreal folder, and I don’t have any of the source assets. The Retro FPS is closer to around 100GB. of course, size doesn’t really mean much, but it gives you an idea of how much more involved one is than the other.

Or just filled to the bring with bad assets.

You can’t know unless you look at it.
But if you just start adding random marketplace ■■■■ you get to 2TB in the blink of am eye.