Hello again! I’m working on a dynamic jump/climb system now. I’m blowing my head up trying to figure this out but I’m off to a good start… I think.
I’m looking for feedback early on, wondering if this the only way and/or if it’s the most efficient way to go about starting this off. I actually plotted out the logic on paper first :rolleyes:
Currently I have the players movement type affecting what they can climb over and how they will do it.
Vaulting=Quick Climbing=Slower (haven’t gotten here yet, not sure if it’s directly tied to animation but I haven’t gotten into that yet)
This is all working:
- Walking at a 3 foot wall means jumping over it, Sprinting/TacSprinting will result in a vault.
- Walking/Sprinting at a 4 foot wall means climbing, TacSprinting will result in a vault.
- Anything over 4 Feet will require a climb.
What I will be trying to add is:
- A wall with less then a depth of 18 inches will result in the player ending up on the other side if they vault. Other wise they will end up perched in a crouched position.
- Mid-Air can result in a ledge grab that leads to climbing into a crouched position.