Is this common?

hi initially i was getting the similar sort of error notification for updating my drivers which i did and after updating, it shows this and it crashes as soon as it opens.

Hey there @dashagriev! Welcome to the community! So a quick couple of questions, and then I have a couple of possible solutions.

After you updated your drivers, did you restart your computer?

Can we see the crash logs? It’s likely related to an issue I’ve been tracking.

Your computer specs?

If you remember the base error code, was it something like “GPU crashed or D3D Device Removed”?

While we won’t know the issue until you bring those crash logs, it’s likely rendering based.

One of the possible solutions is trying to launch unreal in DX11 (or Vulkan) instead of DX12. This tutorial shows you how to swap the RHI in engine and also out of engine (which you’ll have to do in your case)

Let me know!

Hey @dashagriev! Welcome to the Forums!

To add on a bit more to what @SupportiveEntity has explained, that error usually pops up when dealing with older graphics drivers. Generally speaking Iris is weaker than a graphics card like NVidia, so can be problematic when attempting to use it for development, especially for UE5. Do you have a dedicated graphics card in your PC?

Here are the hardware and software requirements for UE5:

Hopefully the above helps with what you need!

that appears to be an integrated graphic card, not sure but maybe it doesn’t support directx 12

do you have an nvidia or amd card in the computer also?