I’m going to college to study Computer Science, and one of the requirements is a MacBook Pro (because it’s the best for code development). I would like to make video games, so I am trying to pick a MacBook Pro that can satisfy my needs in both College and in UE4. Below are the Technical Specifications for the MacBook Pro that I’m thinking of buying. Keep in mind that this is the new 2018 MacBook Pro that was announced like a week and a half ago;
• 2.2GHz 6‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
• 15.4" Retina display with True Tone (True Tone can be disabled)
• Radeon Pro 555X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory (I can get an eGPU, if required).
• 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory (RAM)
• 1TB SSD (I am considering getting the 2TB SSD Option).
The computer comes with 6 cores, so it’s an absolute beast. The 32GB RAM is super attractive for game development. So, I was hoping someone could tell me, based on the specifications given above, if this MacBook Pro is suitable for UE4 Game Development? A simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ is absolutely perfect!
Thank you so much for all your help!