Is there no "else if" in BP?

Am I supposed to stack “If” branches together ?

Not sure what you mean. A bool can only be true / false and an If gives you branches for both of those?

You’re right, I meant “else if”, not “switch”.
like a if, else if, else if, else if… else chain.
I will edit the question.

Ah yeah, nothing like that. You could collapse the chain into a macro but would need to know exactly how many to add. I guess you could make a custom one that allowed you to add an arbitrary number of boolean conditions (with each one adding an exec pin for it) but might be overkill.

You can use bools with if and or nor you can also use it in arrays and selects of all kinds. In BP if/branch is an if else. There’s no single ext bool gate.
What functionality do you require maybe a bool is not what your after?

oh, ok. tnx man. This seems like obvious oversight. Adding pins to “If” branch would be great.

I was shooting trace at ActorBP and doing different things depending on which StaticMeshComponent got hit.

You could make an array of the components manually or by a get components and filter for static mesh components then build an array this way you can take the hit component from the trace do a contains then find on that array the index becomes your switch on int.

Sure, I guess I could, but I feel that in my case with 3 hittable StaticMeshComponents it will just needlessly complicate things. Tnx anyway

Perhaps tags would work for you, since there’s only 3 to choose from: