Is there away to create and OSL shader in ue?

skins

I am an artist looking to create a world with such texture. I’ve created these images and animations with Octane renderer in C4D using OSL coded material. If you check the atttached clip, it runs through the bodies, or can work as a spatial texture, so bodies would navigate through it like open containers. If not possible, what would be the closest effect to achieve this?

2 Likes

Greetings @Lukasgecevicius ! We see that this is your first time posting in our forums! :medal_sports: We are SO stoked to welcome you to the Unreal Engine Community!

Firstly, let me say how amazingly awesome your video clip is! Very imaginative, beautiful, and graceful! The community here is remarkable, and I am sure at least one of our more experienced members will offer you some great advice soon! Happy Creating and thank you for being an important part of our growing community!

Hey hey! Thank you for your previous message! I’m still looking for an answer, can you tag a senior member to this thread, please?:crossed_fingers:t2:

Greetings @Lukasgecevicius!

You’re most welcome! I’m sorry that you haven’t yet received an answer from the community regarding your question. As a moderator, I do not have direct contact with any of the development team. We are in completely separate departments. However, please check your DMs. I will communicate with you there. :smile:

Hey, this is not something I know much about, but if you are still stumped, I’d recommend also asking at polycount.com. They have an unreal subforum and there is at least a few unreal shader guru’s who frequent there and may be able to help.

I have no idea if this tech-artist is available for consulting or not, but he’s an expert with this sort of thing so you might send him a message on artstation and ask: ArtStation - Lee Devonald

1 Like

You can do this with a custom stencil depth buffer and post process material.

See this

The material applied to the people is also a world aligned material.

1 Like

In fact forget the world aligned part, this is on the right track:

PP

1 Like