Is there any way to limit the number of online updates for the Character Movement Component?

Is there any way to limit the number of online updates for the Character Movement Component? Reducing the Net Update Frequency for a pawn doesn’t seem to affect the component in any way.

I know that if the frame rate on the server is, for example, a maximum of 30Hz, then it will update the movement components of all players with such a frequency, and the players will already have interpolation depending on their current frequency.
But I want to artificially set the maximum network update rate for the move component on the server to lighten the network load. The server is not dedicated, so I can’t just limit the overall frame rate.

What makes you think that the Net Update Frequency does not have any effect?

No values are changed in stat net. Well, at least I set even 1 update per second, and it is logical if the component obeyed this setting, then I would observe strong visual bugs (teleports, etc.). I had nothing of the kind. This is provided that I tested not in standelone with Network Emulation enabled on a bad profile.

Now I set again net update frequency to 1 and checked everything again. You are right, the effect was immediately noticed, it works when the client sees the server or another client. I checked locally on the client and thought that it would be teleported this way too, but this did not happen because, as you said, net update frequency does not apply to the server. Thank you, I figured it out. If you convert a comment into a response, I’ll mark it as a solution.

When you set net update frequency to 1 you should see some degree of teleporting yes. Keep in mind that this will only affect the visuals of the server pawn on the client. The server will still see smooth visuals of the client pawn since the client sends its data via RPC.