Is there any way to bulk edit the preview mesh for multiple animation assets in 4.14?

Hey guys,

Is there a way to edit the preview mesh setting in bulk on animation assets or do I have to go one by one? We just switched to 4.14

We used to be able to double click the mesh and then the animation to see it playing properly…The top mesh pull down tab in persona also used to work, but now it seems limited to setting the preview mesh manually.

Thanks,
Carl

If you double click the actual skeleton the animations share in the content browser, change the preview mesh there and apply it, it should then propgate down to all animations that use that skeleton. Or something similar to that. It worked for me, hopefully you will have a similar experience.
Btw, the date of the original post is noted. I am posting here for people who currently have the same issue/question.

Side note, if your thumbnails still reflect the old preview mesh after doing this, just right click on them and the thumbnail will update.

Is there a way to do this without applying the preview mesh to the base skeleton? I have one skeleton shared by multiple characters, and I want to be able to set a different preview mesh for each character. I would like to “bulk apply preview mesh” on folders of animation, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do this. Right now I have to manually hit apply for every single animation individually, or set them all to be the same preview mesh.