Is there any way that mods could be installed on android version or port of UE4 Games

I just curious why ToS is so limited on android and mods doesn’t allowed to be installed. Meanwhile windows is still at max. Freedom on modding. Perhaps because malware or android is just too widely used operating system that’s more risk in ToS violation?

Installing mods in UE4 from what I saw is as easy making a folder called ~MODS then paste the mod file there.

Wish that Android could do that too. I mean seriously, playing game from pocket while travelling is nice and all. I’ve been really not comfortable anymore playing game on pc while sitting on floor. While on android, I could play literally everywhere, pull out the phone from my pocket, and that’s it.

So, will there be changes regarding modding UE4 games on android? Or it’ll stay isolationism?

the ue system pkgs everything into encrypted uassets
they have yet to offer us a good method of giving users a ue editor template to mod, and incorporating user created mods for our games.

1 Like

Ikr, but I doubt that will ever happen on android.
Someone should’ve kind enough to make a kind of UE4’s Android tool, even if it violates the UE4 and even Android’s security ToS. Modding UE4 game on android would be awesome tbh.
I would even donate several bucks of paypal if someone can even do that or at least telling me the working solution :sob: :cry: