Is there an easy way to set up bots with simple AI?

Hi guys!

In UDK we could quite easily use the actor factory to spawn simple enemies/pawns in our levels, but since Kismet is now gone (R.I.P.), is there an easy way to set up a similar thing using blueprints? I want to spawn enemies from a variety of spawnpoints in my level & want these to be able to spot the player, run towards the him/her and attack. I checked out the shooter example, but that setup seems a tad too complex for my brain to understand, so if anyone got a supersimple way of doing it, I would love to hear about it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction here?

All the best,
Roald

+1

I can’t seem to find any info on this as well and it would be really helpful.

Guys, as far as I know bot and pawn in UE4 is the same thing I mean I just created my bot by creating new character ,so I mean When I posses him I can play as character ,unposses then it is a bot which can be moved by Ai->Moveto commands .Just try to drag “character” pawn in assets to world and then in BLueprint use Ai->moveto ,before that create navigationmeshbounds .Everything is very simple.

Check out the Nodes, Spawn Actor and Spawn AI. You can do that in the level Blueprint, or I even put them in info nodes and placed them.

You can put your AI logic in the AIController and/or a Behavior Tree. There are several threads to do with AI Pathing and Behavior Trees. Epic is working on documentation for Behavior Trees, but it isn’t finished yet.

Is there an ETA for this?

Here’s a link, scroll down to the 5th post in the thread for steps to set up AI.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?1270-UE4-Pathfinding-basic-AI&highlight=pathfinding

I don’t know about an ETA. The threads regarding have been started in this sub-forum all ready.