Is there a way to weight keyframes?

I’m struggling to accurately edit my curves in Matinee and timelines. The keyframe handles are small and finicky - plus I can’t seem to edit their weight.
Am I missing something obvious, or is this just current limitations of the program?

Thanks!

You can blend the whole animation clip by weight in the animgraph, not sure about individual keyframes though - maybe change the weight value with notifies. You could also combine blends, e.g. blend by weight and then by bone (chain) if you need something more fine-grain. If you’re looking to specifically weight the influence of the curves I’m not sure if you can do much more than flatten them out or exaggerate them a bit. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge has a better method…

Yeah, it’s the curves I’m talking about. I’m used to being able to influence the curves by changing the lengths of their tangents (allowing better control of ease-in and ease-out amount). It just seems weird it isn’t there, as I think of it as pretty standard for animation curve editing.

As it is, I have to add more keyframes to push my ease-in and -outs, which can get janky and make for some wonky curves (not ideal).

Taking a stab in the dark, if you box select several of them in the curve editor box and right click and click flatten/straighten is that sorta what you have in mind?

Ah, I see https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MayaLT/files/Keyframe-Animation-Edit-tangents-htm.html, I’ve not seen anything like that, doesn’t mean to say its not there :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, sometimes you have to hold a keyboard key to activate tangent-edit mode. I haven’t found one :confused:

The feature probably doesn’t exist. Shucks.