Is there a way to sync editor preferences (hotkeys, layouts, etc.) between different machines?

I often switch between my home PC, work PC, and laptop and it’s a real pain to duplicate hotkeys all of the time (I’m fairly new to UE and still getting used to it). I know that there are individual files for different settings, but copying them all of the time is rather inconvenient to say the least. Since we already use the launcher to access the engine, maybe we could have things like these synced on our accounts?

Hi Stepan,

You can export the file via the top of the Project/Editor Settings for the settings you want to export. You can then import these into the other version of the editor on another machine.

You will need to do this with each of the tabs you want to transfer settings for.

For instance, if you want to take the Keyboard Shortcuts tab you would need to open Editor Preferences > Go to the Keyboard Shortcuts tab > select Export and save to a location you can then open back up in the other editor with the Import setting.

I hope this helps.

Tim