Is there a way to make a slider widget curved?

Good afternoon,

I am trying to use a slider widget to keep track of , however, I want to put the slider on an arc or use a curvature so it rises until the halfway point then lowers until the slider reaches the amount. Any and all help is welcomed. Thank you for your .

Create a curve in the content browser:

Create a variable in the widget:

293920-annotation-2019-12-13-221325.png

Hope I understood your right.

edit: just ensure the curve length is 1 as the slider spits out 0-1; otherwise you’ll need to MapRange slider’s value onto the curve.

I think they want the slider widget itself to be curved (the value would still be linear).

I think that the best way to do this would be to make a custom slider widget that animates a handle (a button widget maybe?) based on a widget animation driven by mouse movement while being pressed.

Oh, you mean the shape?! Unlikely, but there’s a chance I misunderstood this completely.

Oh, well. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Clayton has the right idea. I may not have been clear about what I was asking for, so please forgive me.

Have you tried this as a Base Point:

Unreal Concepts - Different Shaped Progress Bars ( UE4 )

Regards

Clayton has the right idea.

Ah, I see. You could do it in material as mentioned by but I feel it would be somewhat convoluted and not very flexible. Do consider the following widget, though:

An image in the canvas panel can be shifted around freely, we just need to restrict its movement. Whenever the mouse is being moved over this widget while the LMB is being held down, we run the following function returning a mapped range:

The function itself:

It uses mouse delta, widget geometry and a curve (below) to calculate position and rotation of the image within the context of the parent canvas.

The function is also run once when the widget is constructed in order to set the arrow’s initial position. Since the widget has yet to tick to figure out its geometry, we force it early:

This will obviously need additional features, better clamps, more mouse wiggle room when reaching the edge but it seems to behave OK as is:

Image from Gyazo

Hope it helps.

3 Likes