Is there a way to create a mesh from a brush?

Specifically I’d like to use brushes in the creation of content that I want to pull into blueprint classes, but when I select them and press the button to replace with a blueprint class the brushes just vanish from the level and don’t come across into the blueprint class.

Hey vampatori,

You can create a Static Mesh from a Brush in the Details panel. With your Brush selected, go to Details > Brush Settings, and expand the little arrow at the bottom. In the expanded Brush Settings panel there is a Create Static Mesh button.

You can then create a Blueprint from your new Mesh or create a new Blueprint and use the Mesh as its component. When you made a Blueprint from the Brush, it wasn’t creating a Mesh first, so that’s why it disappeared in the Viewport.

Hope that helps!

Ben Halliday

#Convert to Static Mesh Button

Dear Vampoori,

rather than replacing with a blueprint,

look toward the top of the F4 properties window for an option to convert to static mesh.

It is a button all of its own :slight_smile:

Rama

Ahh, I didn’t see those expansion buttons on those panels… there’s all sorts of extra things in there!

Thanks.

Yeah same here. For others, it’s the Down Arrow underneath “Tessellated” that opens the advanced panel and exposes the extra options.