Is there a way to apply masked material and translucent material to the same mesh?

Can I apply material A and material B with different blend modes to one mesh using the material layer function?
For example, is there a way to apply masked material and translucent material to the same mesh?

I could find a way to apply material A and material B with different shading models to one mesh but I couldn’t find any way to apply material A and material B with different blend modes to one mesh…

Exactly what I want to do is replace the dithering part of the hair card with a translucent material.

Thank you.

Should you be talking about the type of hair material used in the Paragon assets:

Set the material to “translucent” and plug the “opacity mask”-input into “opacity”. No need to use masked and translucent at the same time.

If that doesn’t help I will need more information.

Sorry for the lack of explanation in my question.
I need to add something to my question.
With my hair cards, The reason I want to use masked material and translucent material together is that if I only use translucent materials, sorting problems arise, so I want to use masked and translucent together.
So, in the mask texture for hair card, I wanted to use Masked material for the complete white part, and apply the Translucent material to the area between white and black, so I wanted to smoothly express the part represented by the dithering of masked material.
I wanted to ask if this is possible because a material layer seems possible to apply two materials to a single hair card separately as a mask texture.

Thank you.

While you are able to blend Shading Models using the BlendMaterialAttributes node, you’re not blending actual materials. The Blend Mode is excluded, and as far as I understand this has technical reasons. In this specific case you would need to render the hair cards twice, once using deferred rendering (the masked blend mode) as well as forward rendering (the translucent blend mode).

This probably also means that you would run into the same problems you’re trying to avoid, due to the different rendering techniques the blend modes use.

Thank you for your answer.
Is there any way to use translucent blend mode for the Hair cards?
I want to make natural translucent hair, but I couldn’t find the way.

I do not recommend translucency for hair cards, since translucency can cause issues. similar to this for example It also worsens performance, due to overdraw.

I don’t think you have to do anything special though. But if you show me pictures of how it looks and how it should look, I might be able to help out more.