Is there a way to add Anti Aliasing to HTML5?

I was wondering as I notice it is one of the things that decreases the visual quality the most combined with no dynamic lights.

I’m interested in this also. Is there any type of Anti-aliasing that works with HTML5?

Me too. No word from Epic? :slight_smile:

i was wondering this right now

Hey guys,

I entered a feature request asking for Anti-Aliasing support. You can find the public JIRA here: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-40091)

Let me know if anything needs to be changed or added.

Ed

With WebGL 1 capabilities in the browser, it is possible to do multisampling of the whole screen contents by enabling multisampling at context creation time. However I believe for UE4 this does next to nothing, because most rendering is done to offscreen surfaces before showing them on screen, and those offscreen surfaces are still single-sampled, as WebGL 1 does not support multisampling render targets.

With the just recently released WebGL 2 in browsers (WebGL 2 lands in Firefox - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog), it is possible to do multisampled offscreen render targets by using MSAA GL renderbuffer objects. This would allow UE4 to do MSAA in its engine pipeline. So right now it’s not possible, but when UE4 embraces WebGL 2, they should be able to do it.