Is there a sofware glitch with "Sockets" in UE4.26?

I have two static meshes, each of which has had a “socket” attached to it through the static mesh editor.
One static mesh is placed into a new blueprint as the “parent” and the second as the child.
It should now be a simple matter in the child to select the name of the socket in the parent that the child is to attach to.
The child locates closer to where the socket of the parent is located, but does not attach.
All very simple stuff and I have watched many, many videos of how it is done, none of which have been using version 4.26 of UE.
So is anyone else experiencing this problem and is this likely to be a software glitch with UE4.26?

This problem is now resoved for me in that the impression I formed from watching many, many, U-Tube videos on the subject of sockets in UE4 is that you place a socket on the parent and one on the child, both static meshes, and then it should be a simple mater to get the two sockets to mate in the blueprint.
The answer to my problem is that the socket on the parent static mesh actually mates with the “Point of Rotation” on the child static mesh.
For me it was simply a case of making sure the “Point of Origin” ( Same as "point of Rotation in UE) in my CAD model was where I needed it to be before importing it into UE.
Following this procedure has meant I have been able to import my CAD models into UE and then reassemble the model within the blueprint and control the operation of child components about the parent component.
As a very new user of UE4 its just another lesson I have learnt when incorporating CAD models into the UE platform and I hope this information assists other new users of UE4.
The great thing about UE4 is that there is so much to learn after many, many, years of using various CAD packages.