Is there a maximum Landscape Layers per Component?

hi aswerhub!
not sure if it’s a bug or a Limitation:
There is a number limitation to layers that can be painted in each component of a LAYERED MATERIAL of a LANSDCAPE? I have 13 layers (26 textures color/normal)… I also set “Landscape Layers per Component” to 13, but when I start to paint the 5 layer in the same component, the textures disapears and the gray checkboard apears…

So I’m assuming that there is a bug, or simply you can’t use more than 4 layers per Component?

i’ve got same issue. my card is 2gb 660ti boost edition. after i used 6th layer all of the texture information gone for that component. its set for 12 layer.

I’ve got a similar thing. I’m using layerBlend with 9 diffuse and 9 splat maps.
It makes 9 layers, but it only works up to 6. After that I get the checkboard.

Weird thing is before that I used LayerWeight, and imported the splat maps to the layer info. That worked perfectly. All the textures were in place. (I’m using layerblend instead because I think you can’t add normals to layerweight method.)

Thank you for your report.

I have assigned this issue to a member of our support staff, and they will begin investigation as soon as possible. If we are unable to reproduce the issue, or we need additional information, our staff member will comment here with additional questions. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once we have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide.

Cheers!

Hi,

This is a known issue and is currently being assessed. At present, you are able to add a maximum of 6 layers to a layer blend. Something you can do to alleviate a bit of the restriction is to use world aligned blended materials within the layers. For instance, if you use a world aligned blend to lerp grass and rock materials on a slope, that should still come through even if there are technically 7 layers instead of 6.

Hmm, I’ll check that out. Thanks.

Do we mean 6 textures - rather than 6 layers? I have more than 6 layers working together, with some using the same / atlas texture. However more than 6 (it was 5 or 6 from what I remember) textures caused (well, I thought…) the component to stop displaying the material.

Hi fo0k,

I had not tested this idea previously but it appears you are correct! It is, more specifically, 6 textures that is the limit for the editor, not six layers as I previously stated. Thank you, fo0k!