Is the new sky atmosphere supported on mobile?

I’m trying to use the new sky atmosphere system on an android game (gles 3 and vulkan), but the sky is black. Is there anything that can be done ?

Thanks for your post. I am looking forward to see how to use that on mobile platforms as well …

Hello, I am not sure that you are still following this post, but I just find a way to apply Sky Atmosphere on Mobile.

Take a look at Sjoerd De Jong tutorial about how to use Sky Atmosphere: https://youtu.be/SeNM9zBPLCA?t=560 (Material integration)

I followed the same steps except adding cloud texture in the video and put the material in a sky sphere (the sphere’s static mesh needs to be SM_SkySphere) then I can see the sky atmosphere in the Mobile Rendering pipeline (both Android ES3.1 and iOS)!!!

Make sure you make the sky sphere large enough so you can see the space view as well.

You can follow Sjoerd’s tutorial from the beginning to the end of the Material Integration section, and you would see the sky atmosphere works on Mobile.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I tried it and it do not work for me the only thing I get is strong blue color, if you can screenshot the material I will be grateful.

thx :slight_smile:

***Update
I fix it by deleting and adding the Sky Atmosphere ( From place actors tap ) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you need the a sky atmosphere material which should work for mobile you can just use the one already available in the engine content. Make sure to enable “Show Engine Content” and navigate to “/EngineContent/EngineSky/SkyAtmosphere”. There you will find: “SkyAtmosphere_MaterialSkyDome”. This will at least give you a quick start and based on engine preview for mobile should work out of the box.

2 Likes

1 Like