Is somewhat graphic depictions allowed?

I’m new to making games using Unreal Editor, so I decided that the best way to learn how to use an editor is to remake a game.

The game I chose was “Cube Escape: The Cabin”, which is an old Flash game that I used to love playing, as it was a mix of Puzzle solving and Horror.

In one of the scenes of the puzzle game, you end up fishing a (presumably) dead body that has their bodily features blacked out to be published online back in the day, however I don’t know the rules behind it. I would be planning on replacing it with probably one of the cube zombies, perhaps, but I want to know “where the line is” in terms of horror-type content.

I don’t plan on releasing this project to the public, but even if I did I would put it at whatever upper age rating I would need to.

Hello, Welcome to the Forums.

All experiences currently must be rated T or lower. (Since FN is T)

When creating this you’d just need to consider the rules around violence. (Section 1.15.1. Violence & Gore)

Also, the IARC questions would need to be T or lower.

Having no intention to release it to the public (/never submitting it to moderation process) is an interesting angle though.

Good luck

1 Like