Is possible toggle "Editable" property for variables through blueprints?

Hi, do not know if it is possible to do what I want, I will give an example.

Suppose I have an enumerator with 2 options: Spheres and Cubes

Then, I use this enumerator in the “Construction Script”, to select the type of mesh I want to show (Through an editable variable to display the menu in the editor)

Suppose further, that I have other variables to alter the properties of spheres and cubes. Some variables for affect the spheres, as they could be, rotation speed, size, color and material etc … other different variables for affect the cubes.

My intention is that selecting “spheres” in the enumerator, only editable variables for the spheres will be displayed in the editor and editable variables for the cubes remain hidden (non-editable), and vice versa when select “cubes” in the enumerator.

So … Is possible toggle “Editable” property for variables through blueprints?

Maybe there is some other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

I’m looking for something similar to this (albeit I was thinking of doing this with structs inheriting from a common base).
Were you able to make any progress in this area at all?

Thanks,

no, not for now sorry … BTW , sorry for delay in my response …

No, it’s not possible to do this. ‘Editable’ can only be changed before the Blueprint is compiled, so you can’t change it dynamically while the game is running.

As for solving your problem, instead of passing in an enumerator to a construction script on a single Blueprint to decide what shape you want to spawn, you could instead choose between two different Blueprint classes to spawn, each of which has the right parameters for the type of shape it has inside. You could wrap all of that inside of a Blueprint function inside of a Blueprint function library to make it more convenient to use in other Blueprints.

mmm no , I not pretend change it dynamically while the game is running, was for change settings for the blueprint before run the game. But I understand ‘Editable’ can only be changed before the Blueprint is compiled, so in my case also don’t work because if I not understand wrong … I need compile the blueprint every time I want some variable “editable”. Thanks for the good and clear explanation.

For the rest , yes thanks again , is a great idea!

Is there a feature request for this? I’d also like to enable/disable or show/hide variables based on an enum. A bit like the collision options don’t appear until you select “custom” under collision preset in a static mesh. Or like options are grey out in a post process volume until you check a bool.

BUMP! It would be nice to have this so everything isn’t so cluttered on the details panel.