It seems that Pixel Streaming is crashing Unreal, both in build applications and then playing standalone in the Editor.
It crashes with versions 4.24, 4.25, 4.26, even with applications that were built months ago and have worked fine many many times since… It crashes the moment you log in to the application with the browser (for example just localhost but also custom like localhost/streaming.htm with some html)
So far I’ve deducted that it affects only Chromium browsers, version 89+ (more or less).
- Edge (89.0.774.48),
- Brave (Version 1.21.74 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72),
- Chrome on Android (89.0.4389.86),
- Chrome on Desktop (89.0.4389.82)
But does not crash with
- older Chrome on Desktop (88.0.4324.190).
- Firefox (although that’s always had performance issues).
Can anyone reproduce the issue?
I’ve just finished filing a bug report… but it would be great to hear confirmation that others have the same problem…