Is PCG compatible with mobile VR?

I’m using 5.3 for a VR quest project. Does anyone know if PCG is performant enough for mobile VR? Quest 2 or 3/pro?

From my understanding, all the PCG calculations are a one-time operations and after that, the performance is the same as it would be if you would’ve just manually placed static meshes. These calculations themselves shouldn’t be a problem even on low-end platforms.

Few tips of properties affecting performance the most, as I’m currently playing with PCG myself

• Don’t try to create single PCG covering whole open world map, it will eventually fail as you extend your map (there’s limit on the amount of points a single sampler can generate)
  • Toggle “Evaluate World position offset” only when the mesh is actually needing it - if it does, it probably can be culled (“World position offset disable distance”)
  • Cull depending on object size, larger values for larges objects
  • Play with “Shadow cache invalidation strategy” - for example: my trees are moving when the wind blows, but I don’t want their shadows to move because that was eating a lot of FPS, so I’ve set the cache invalidation strategy to “Rigid”
  • Set each mesh “Mobility” accordingly
  • Set collision and “Generate overlap events” accordingly