Is Nativizing Blueprints the magic function for non-coders?

Or is there some situations where diy C++ coding is better? When optimizing games? Or During dev?

I’m new so, go figure my broad question :p.

I am not an expert, but it seems that regular C++ wins every time as far as speed and flexibility within the engine. If you get deeper into your project there will be times when C++ is the only way to manipulate or extend some things. I tried nativizing an entire project a few times, and the load times reduced dramatically in a blueprint only project. Nativizing still seems to be in early stages as it can break random things so I would just use the exclusive mode and test it with individual blueprints that are math heavy or used most often. Here is an example of how fast it can speed up crazy stuff on tick.

Thanks, though I’ve already seen that video.
Problem is, that I have no experience with coding, so I don’t know how, or what that test relates to, compared to game performance / functions.

Well I have noticed that spawning a lot of things using blueprint functions can cause frame drops where c++ might not struggle as much. I guess it is related to the virtual machine blueprints require or just the extra code they can require. For instance, spawning and destroying a bunch of bullets or projectiles in a short time, ai behavior updates, etc. But from my small experience blueprints usually do the job fine even on the single game thread, especially in standalone you probably do not even need to nativize anything. Though I have noticed setting up 30+ a.i. with tick functions can cripple things really fast. UMG ui updates can even do it.

There is a marketplace item that allows multi-threading in blueprint functions if performance is a worry, it should work fine past 4.15:

I am personally trying to further knowledge in C++ because it is invaluable to know code in pretty much any area of computing. It can save you so much time doing pretty much anything.

Combined with over all optimized algorithms it should be able to solve almost all performance problems. But there are still stuff you can’t do at all in BP.

That settles it. C++ is required.

Also, may I ask for some other examples of where to C++ it?

Or where to just blueprint it?

It depends on project size, what you are trying to do and your skills/preferences. There are very few instances where you really have to use C++.

To be honest. I have no idea what the hell I’m doing, I downloaded ue4 a few days ago, and I have barely touched it. Done most of the time searching around internet to gather info.
Though since I’m new, and I like to do things right first time, I’m interested to map out how different things should be done, and how not to do it.
I know my questions is broad af. and there is thousand things to cover, but, I don’t know any better, sorry.

Things you kindly mentioned to keep in mind, is AI, and spawning and destroying a bunch of bullets or projectiles in a short time. I guess thing that has to be tick updated frequently is best as C++.

This guy showed something about Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh which looks nice though.