Is making a simple doom fps hard to do with BP?

Yay someone here actually remembers the old school shooters <3, and yes it will be a mix of all of those. Ill announce my project when I got some more assets created.

I miss those old school shooters! They were so much fun while also being engrossing!

Just something to note… it’s been fifteen years since UT99 came out!
I must say 2014 is chock-full of great old-school anniversaries. Ten years of HL2, ten years of DOOM 3, and 15 years of UT99!

For the record I’m already thoroughly intrigued by your game already!
I can’t wait to hear something on it!

~ Jason

If you can get the WADs try ://zandronum/ for old-school madness :smiley:

Zandronum is definitely the BEST multiplayer source port.
Personally, I use GZDOOM for singleplayer, I like the effects it adds.

You actually just reminded me about an expansion I found to a game.
Remember “One Unit Whole Blood?”
For some reason I never heard of the highly rated custom episodes entitled: Deathwish.
I have no idea how I missed it!
If you have Blood I advise you to try it.

~ Jason

I like to simplify, I’ve tried many single player ports but they usually get discontinued, I switched to Skulltag and now I use Zandronum because it will have support for a long time and because of Brutal Doom co-op.

I have Blood and Blood 2 in my GoG account :smiley: I would try that episode but I hate playing Blood with DosBox.

Anyway, whenever I want to be inspired for action games I recur to these classics, they’re so unique and fun!

Unholypimpin, please make a simple Blood FPS :wink:

@masterneme , I’m trying to combine all the best aspects of doom, heretic, hexen and blood. Atm learning what each blueprint function does is taking most of the time.

I love doom and other games that used its engine, atm I mod for zdoom and gzdoom on the side as well as making a game with UE4.