Hello, I am making indie multiplayer-only game just by myself. The designs are huge and looking very interesting. If the game would look like I’ve planned it would be a huge success. Mainly I like using Blender creating 3D things to include in the game so thats the easy stuff. The biggest problem is that my budget is close to 0, thats why i make all myself. If i could make the game until 2020, I would be more than happy.
I have some questions (please take in mind that I have UE4 from 2 weeks):
- Do I have to buy a hardware, physical server to let people play multiplayer and buy game servers themselves? Even if it will be just me and my friend?
- How to run server externally - not from engine?
- Is it worth to make log in system like Diablo 3, Battlefield 3/4 etc. where accounts are kept on a database including their levels, favorite weapons and servers, friends etc. being able to edit character preferences like weapon you use?
- If there is easier way to keep all user data (e.g. levels) than tell me please?
- Is it actually possible for one person to handle everything while making a game? - 3d models, blueprints, effects, animations, database, website, etc. linking it together and make it working? I think it could be too much for me, especially PHP, and I am weak at blueprints, databases and websites but it’s feasible.
- Is it because I don’t know how to use Marketplace or it only includes about 80 products and about 3 are free? Unity include hundreds of them… I can’t even find the free demo ones with less objects…
- How to apply animation set from Marketplace to my own character made in Blender?
- Lets say that the shock-absorber has 2 ends linked to different cubes, how to make the inside part of it, protrude while moving one cube away?
- Is it worth to use NVIDIA HairWorks and APEX Clothing?
Maybe I’m just being way too ambitious… I know its a lot of questions (I’ve got like 6924293 more in my mind haha) and probably the answer will not be reassuring me but thanks to anyone answering