Is it possible to use the new Chapter 4 landscape textures on an old landscape?

I was wondering if it is possible to use the new Chapter 4 landscape textures for a landscape which was created before the 24.30 update. The new grass color and the flower details are very pretty and would look great in my current project. I’ve tried a few things and it doesn’t seem to work. Would I have to create a new landscape to use it?

Fortunately, it is possible to use chapter 4 ground textures on a map created before 24.30!

First off, you want to be in “selection” mode and select the landscape.

Scroll down the properties tab until you find the “landscape material.” Click on this and scroll through the list of available materials until you find one labeled “MI Landscape Ch 4.” select this one and wait while the editor loads textures.

You now have Chapter 4 ground textures, but there are a few more steps before you can paint with the other textures.

For this next part, switch to the “landscaping” tool and go to “painting.” Find your new Chapter 4 layers and click on the “+” symbol next to them to create a new layer info. Do this with each new layer.

It will show you this mini-screen; select save.
Create New Landscape Layer Info Object 5_3_2023 8_05_15 PM

Then it will show you the new layer info layer in the content drawer.

You may delete the old Ch. 2 layers/textures if you want to, but leaving them should not impede the functionality of the new Ch. 4 textures.

You may have to play around with turning on and off the locked layers until you find one that works.

The island I tried this on was originally created way back in creative 1.0! So I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on you map.

2 Likes

thank you so much!! <3

1 Like