Is it possible to toggle the destructibility of a mesh through blueprint?

Hello fellow creators!

I was wondering if it is possible to turn on/off the destructibility of a static mesh through blueprinting?

I am working on a school project where i the character (sphere) grows larger and larger through collecting points, now at some point the ball will be too large for some of the scenery, so instead of just getting stuck, i would like for the scenery that is in the way to become destructible, and the ball to “power through” them! (This effect wont last long and the scenery will “respawn” so too speak after the ball has returned to its default size!)

Is there any way to achieve this that you know about, or maybe i am chasing dragons here? That would also be helpful to know!

Thanks in advance

-Niku

The destructible mesh has a Damage Threshold amount. So it can absorb an amount of damage before breaking. When the ball is small, dont send any damage (or send 0 damage) when you hit the mesh. Conversely, when the ball gets large enough, the you send a damage amount equal to the damage threshold of the mesh when you hit it to break it. You can spawn the wall again at a later time using SpawnActorOfClass node.

I wouldn’t go with ApexDestruction for that.
Try to research a runtime-mesh cutting - for example the Ball will just cut a “sphere hole or whatever” in your mesh - and after some time re-spawn it.

Sounds like a good strategy, i’ll try it and see how it pans out :slight_smile: