Is it possible to set a groom asset settings from blueprints?

Hey folks! I’m using the Groom plugin and it works perfectly well, but I can’t figure out if it’s possible to access a particular setting inside the groom asset from blueprints? I’d like to change the bend stiffness of my hair on the fly, but I can’t figure out how to access the solver settings. Any advice?

Thank you so much in advance. :slight_smile:

The Groom Simulation properties are exposed to blueprints and can be accessed via the Details panel inside the blueprint editor.

If you need to change settings on the fly, you can access them via the Simulation Settings struct on the groom component. You just need to right click and split the pins to get granular control over specific settings.

NOTE: That last example only works if you want to keep the default values for all those other sub-structs. If not, then you’ll need to split those pins and change them the same way. If you’re doing something dynamic in-game, this would be the way to go about it, I think. You could easily attach it to a tick function, a timer, or a timeline, and get as sophisticated with it as you’d like.