Is it possible to recover deleted projects?

I accidently deleted my project from the epic games launcher. Is it possible for me to recover it somehow? I right clicked the project and clicked Delete by mistake >.<, I dont want to start over so if u guys got any ways to recover it that could help me out id be most thankful!

If its not on your HDD then its most likely gone forever.

And that is why you should use source control. :slight_smile:

There is software that can recover deleted files. When you “delete” something, it sometimes doesn’t actually delete, but just marks that space as available; although that is not always the case, it is worth a try if it is a lot of work to redo your project. Here is what I have used in the past: Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

I hope this works out for you, good luck!

Dang it that sux:( thnx for your replies though guys, much appriciated. i guess i could also try to restore the computer back to a point that was before i deleted it, perhaps that could work. But might as well just start over and get to learn how to use the tools etc in Unreal Engine better:)

You should ‘git’ with the program. :stuck_out_tongue:

Git is a serious help. Even if you are not to familiar with it, source tree makes it pretty easy to have your project backed up in the cloud in no time.

Don’t try using a system restore point though, this won’t work, that just restores binary & things that affect the system (installed programs, etc…).

Yes, backing up files is very important, a task for someone reading this is to make a file that backs up your project’s important folders to a given location, could save some time if all someone has to do is open up a batch file. If you make one, maybe go put it in the ‘community content & tools’ forum area.

Thanks!
This just happened to me and recuva fixed it.
Just use it as soon as you delete your project files so your hdd will not have time to overwrite them.

Yeah, I’m thinking of buying another 1TB drive for nothing but backing up my current drives, as a hard drive failure would pretty much kill me.

get rekt skrub. But seriously, that sucks … I have all of my work files on my PC, everything for the marketplace that I am submitting, all of my past work, etc. I’d be screwed if my data went corrupt :expressionless:

Some years ago, had a second good income through webdesign, crypted all my data to protect files.
Worked flawless for years, including backups.
Then after a networkcardchange, (or similar) key was changed, recovery failed.
Work of perhaps five years was lost, including anything pc related/ created.
Backups where crypted too.
Really black four days…

I had a hard drive die a few weeks ago. Since then i started using bitbucket for all my good projects. The trick is to have a good .gitignore file setup so the uploading is minimal.