Is it possible to make a car Drift game with the UE4 engine?

There is no games on the market and I would love to see a drifting game. I am about to go to school for computer science and this could be a side project. I just watched all the car tutorials for the unreal engine and it seems like it’s mostly made for racing. My question is, would it be possible to make a drifting/race game without doing tons of coding? Also what program can I use to design the cars? I just downloaded Blender, would that work, or is there better software?

Thank you!

Hi isk8alot,

You can probably get something very close to what you are looking for with the vehicle support we now have. It has a lot of options built-in to adjust how the vehicle handles, but to get the ‘exact’ drifting effect you may need to dig into the code.

As for what software to use. Blender is a good free modeling program and you can use it to create vehicles or about anything else you can think of. However, if you have access to either 3Ds Max or Maya, they are the industry standard. Although quite pricey, your school may be approved with Autodesk. If so you can get a free educational version of almost any Autodesk product.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, TJ

All you gotta do is load in the brand new Vehicle Starter. That car drifts a lot more than I think it should.

Yes it is it possible to make a car Drifting game !, With UE4 it’s possible to make any game you can or cannot imagine yet.
In my situation it took me more than one&half year to develop own racing engine with A LOT OF CODING&OPTIMIZATIONS = 99% c++ . It depends on ho much realism you want to invest into it. , If you are searching for something without much coding you should luckily find some magic to do that in that simple way . ,This is not latest video, its pushed much more todays, but didn’t uploaded yet.

Check this video

or Drif-T Performance Session (UE4) - YouTube