Is it possible to have a offset on drop? UMG Drag and drop

Hello,

I am trying to set up a drag and drop operation where I can drag tiles (2x2) into a grid (6x6 of tiles). The issue I am having is that I currently have the 2x2 dragged widget offset so it appears above the mouse cursor while dragging but this causes issues as when I drop it takes the location of the mouse not the location of the visual. Is there any way of ‘offsetting’ where the drop is occurs i.e. not on the mouse cursor but where the visual is? Or would it be better to use a different function or set this up a different way?

The link attached is of a tutorial that may be able to help you. At around 14:10 of the video the ‘Event on drag cancelled’ node is explained. This could possibly solve your problem. You could also add more information on the blueprints you have set up so that the issue is understood better. Link - UMG Series - Drag Drop & LineTrace - YouTube

Thanks Jamessaley121, I did not explain this very well. I was doing this using widgets.

I was able to solve my problem by overlaying a invisible grid on top to counteract drag offset. Although this was a rather “hacky” solution I think having a drop offset as well and a drag offset would be good. (this may exist now I have not checked the latest version).