Is it possible to get an 8k version of the body textures?

The body texture ‘BodyBaseColor’ located in MetaHumans/[character name]/Body is only 1024x1024 and looks blurry in the 3D viewport. Same for the normal and roughness maps. Is it possible to get a larger resolution version of these textures?

I selected 8k when exporting from the Bridge software.

2 Likes

They are supposed to be much higher resolution, this looks like a bug and we are investigating now. Thank you for reporting this!

5 Likes

Thanks, Dig!

Hi, has there been any progress on this? I realise there’s probably a bunch of higher priority bugs to work on at the moment.

Would it be possible for someone on the team to post a high resolution version of the BodyBaseColor and female_body_normal_map textures? I only need one color, preferably a medium skin tone.

Many thanks!

This still being worked on - we have a fix, but then we found a bottleneck in another part of the pipeline (8K textures are BIG). Sorry for the delay.

4 Likes

No worries, thanks for the update!

Either I’m doing something wrong, or this is affecting the face textures as well? :thinking: In UE4 it only shows as 2048, there are no 8192 textures despite downloading the 8K Resolution.

Face textures should DL fine. Try with one of the default models rather than a custom one? Also check in Ue4 that the import settings for the textures aren’t downsampling them

Yeah it appears to be working since a few weeks ago. Thanks though. =)

Hey, was there ever a resolve for the 8k issue? When exporting my custom MH I only get 2k for the FaceBaseColour, I get an 8k normal and 4K on the ChestBaseColour and ChestCavity. Haven’t tried on one of the pre made MH yet.

Thanks
Jonny

I can confirm the same, custom meta human, download 8K version in Bridge and export … 2K textures in UE4 and not downsampled in engine they are actually on 2K :frowning:
Interestingly though, if I download and export the 2K version through bridge, they are 1K textures in UE4

1 Like

July 2021, I have the same problem as well. I Downloaded my character in 8k and I have only 2048 x 2048 textures.
I edited my UE4 profile.ini to not have limitations in textures Resolutions.
I tried with the preset Vivan in 8k, the problem is also here with her.

Any idea of a preset that is guaranted to be 100 % working in 8k ?

Can confirm. I can only download 2048 when trying for 8192. No use for augmenting.

I’m also only getting 2K textures when downloading Metahuman. I’m using UE5 built in Quixel and also tried downloading for UE4 and copying over, still only getting 2K for the face, 4K for the body skin and nothing in 8K :frowning:

No updates yet? :frowning:

1 Like

did anyone work out a fix for this? I’m finding that the textures for the Malika MH are between 2k and 4k but never 8k as shown in Bridge.

Still waiting now. In August 2022. My Metahuman is UE5 only, and I downloaded at the highest quality according to Quixel for UE5. So I’m somewhat frustrated.