Is it Possible To Display Images On Dual Displays At The Same Time?

It is not in PIE, I want to display on dual display when playing a game normally
I tried to nDisplay Plugin, SpectatorWindow Plugin and Second in game viewport window Plugin.
But Its doesn’t worked.
If anyone knows, please reply. m(_ _)m

What exactely is it you want to do?

If you want to open a 2nd window to have that on a second monitor, maybe this snippet gives you a starting point:

Hi Hellcat!
Thank You For Answering My Question!!
And I apologize for not writing more…

In Particular,
I want to Display What is captured by one camera in another window on another monitor.
At that time, I want the main monitor to display what is captured by the camera and my own widgets, and another monitor to display only what is captured by the camera.

sorry for the long sentence!
I look forward to your reply!

Shino888

P.S.

I’m very happy with the C++ code you created,
Could you tell me how to use that code to apply it?
I took a look at the great your sample project you made, but it seems that the version is new and doesn’t work with UE4.25.
Any sample for 4.25 version would be nice

Hi.
The code should work fine on 4.25 as well, just copy-paste it into a file/class of your own.

You then just call the CreateWindow() method with any UMG widget you created (with CreateWidget() either in C++ or BP) and get a window displaying that widget and all its contents.

About displaying the cam, you could have the cam render into a texture and use that texture in a UMG widget (in/for the window) for display - haven’t tested that, but should work.

Hi!
Thank you very much for your further reply!!
Thanks to your code, I was able to spawn a window on Dual Display!
However, this other window apparently cannot be made full screen.
What should I do to make it possible?
I’m looking forward to your reply!!

Shino888

I haven’t tried this, but you could try to set “UseOSWindowBorder” and “CreateTitleBar” to false and after creating/opening the window calling the “Maximize()” method on it OR set the “bInitiallyMaximized” property to “true” before creating/opening it.

Thank you for reply!
I wrote the code as shown in the picture below as you said,

But when I ran it standalone, the taskbar was still there as shown in the second picture.

And, I don’t try to the window calling the “Maximize()” method.
I’ll try as much as I can.
Also, if there is another way to make it full screen, I am waiting for your reply :slight_smile:

I don’t know how well - if at all - this’ll work with this kind of “custom slate window”, but try calling SetWindowMode(EWindowMode::WindowedFullscreen) on your window object.

Let me know how this worked, I might need this myself eventually :smiley:

Hi!
I am happy to report that it worked!:grinning::+1:

First, here are the changes in the code.

The red line is the additional code.

Blueprint uses the desktop resolution setting to move the window position to the position of the second monitor.
2022-08-09 063042

And here is a screenshot of the second monitor after running standalone.(I’m sorry that the picture, it doesn’t show anything😖)

I was able to move it by just the x coordinate, move it to the second monitor and then set it to full screen mode!

Thanks for the long reply!
And, Problem solved thanks to your help!
I’m really thankful to you!:sob::+1::+1:
Thank you!:laughing::+1::+1:

Shino888

1 Like