Is it possible to disable hit events on an actor after the first hit event

I’m working on a game where you throw projectiles into cups/try to knock other objects in the level into cups for points.
I have a an actor blueprint that acts as my launching mechanism, spawning the actor blue print for my projectile, and setting its rotation and velocity. I have recently added a camera to my projectile blue print, that the game switches to when a projectile is launched. I currently have it set up so that after a hit event on the projectile, the camera will revert back to the main camera. My problem is that when I try to launch a second/third/fourth/etc projectile, I will often get pulled back to the main camera, because the previously launched projectiles are still in the level, and will sometimes still be moving around, generating hit events.
What I’m wanting to do is have the first hit event for each spawned projectile register, but then after the first one, disable hit events, or stop them from triggering my custom event that I use to trigger the camera switch.

This is the part of my projectile blueprint that triggers a custom event in my game mode blue print, that I am able to use to trigger the camera change.

Here is a super easy way I did it:

You could probably just use a boolean to do the same thing, set it to false or true depending on what you want. This was the first thing to come to my head

I know this is an old post, but thought I’d add to this. To turn off “Simulation Generates Hit Events”, you can call this function in Blueprints.

Not very intuitive name related to the BP variable name, but gets the job done!

4 Likes