Is it possible to create multiple DMI in a single BP?

Hello,

Is it possible to create multiple Dynamic Material Instances for different materials…with each material instance intending to be animated using the material(s) parameter name/settings inside of a “single” Class Blueprint? If so…it isn’t possible to create these DMI’s in the Construction Script is it? I mean not multiple DMI’s in a single Construction Script…right? If so…what node allows you to do ?

I have a few BP’s now that create multiple DMI’s in the construction script, so you can do , but just for clarification are you applying these materials to the same mesh or multiple meshes in the BP? You will only be able to apply one MID to a mesh from the construction script, but if you have more than one mesh in your BP you can assign each mesh with a different MID, if that’s what you mean?

Thank you …that’s exactly what I wanted to know! Can you tell me what node you used in order to use a single Construction Script to generate multiple DMI’s? Was it a Sequence Node perhaps?

You can just chain them together if you want, or use a sequence, either way.

In the first image below I have moved all of the MID setup into a function, but it’s not necessary at all, I just wanted to tidy up my construction script, so that is what the first attached image shows.

And then below I am setting up 3 separate MID’s for my 3 meshes, and saving the output value into a Variable for each so I can use it later (as shown on the next line down). I annotated the screenshot showing my 3 different meshes, each being set to a separate MID.

Hope helps! Let me know if you have any further questions! :slight_smile:

Edit: Right click on the large image below, and choose Open Image in a New Tab to see the full sized image.