Is it possible to constraint object that will be connected to kinematic object in my geo?

Hey guys, i’m new in rigging, and can’t figure out super simple thing,
I have set of sub-objects.
Like Body/Hand/Tool
Hand is Sub-object of Body, and i need to Constrain Tool to the hand.
Hand and Body is Kinematic objects i don’t need any physics on them, and will do some Anim to it, and can’t find a way to connect physical object to kinematic. is it even possible in UE?

Struggled for this issue more than 1 week. And after write question found the solution.

In Parrent Mesh you need to turn off “Auto Weld”
I guess without this check box it counts mesh as separate element and all constrains works now. crazy…

Yes, it is possible to constrain an object that will be connected to a kinematic object in your geometry, commonly in the context of a physics simulation or a 3D modeling environment. To achieve this, you typically use constraints like hinges, springs, or fixed joints depending on the nature of the motion and the desired interaction between the objects. In software like Autodesk Maya, Blender, or Houdini, these constraints can be set up in the dynamics or animation modules. The kinematic object will drive the motion, and the constrained object will follow according to the specified limits and degrees of freedom. Ensure that the kinematic object’s movements are defined clearly to prevent unexpected behavior in the constrained object.

1 Like