Is it possible to compress a project of 2.5gb in contents size to about 400mb of android apk game size or less? If possible how?

I have a project of about 2.5gb in content size and I really cant reduce the apk to 400mb or less and I have disabled all unused plugins and deleted all unused assets. How do I fix it?

Simple answer, no.

And that’s from me not knowing anything about packaging for Android, but I do know about compression.

If you really need all that stuff to make the game happen, you’ll never get it compressed down that much.

Thing is, do you need all that? Have you tried making a new project and migrating only the maps you need to that project? ( They will take everything they need with them ).

Thanks, Migrating the maps to a new project reduced the size

In addition, if you’re still tight on storage space you could reduce the size of your meshes by lowering the triangle count. You probably won’t be able to tell the visual difference on an android game.

Idk why you need it that size,. But there’s a checkbox in project settings that says “allow large APK file” or something along those lines which will allow your Android build to be bigger if it’s giving you errors

And how will that be done in ue4?

Thanks a lot, and I think you mean “allow large obb file”. I unchecked it and the obb size is a bit reduced

You can open your mesh by double-clicking it in the content browser and then on the right in your details tab under your LOD settings you can reduce the percentage of triangles. When you package your project the sizes of your meshes will be reduced. I’m not sure how much difference it will make; depends on the number of meshes and how many triangles they have.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try

Compressing a project from 2.5GB to 400MB for an Android APK game involves several considerations, and it’s important to note that drastic compression may impact the quality and performance of the game. Here are general steps you can take to reduce the size of your Android APK:It’s essential to note that Snaptube APK is a third-party app for downloading videos, and it’s crucial to respect copyright and legal considerations. Additionally, the process of compressing an APK for a game and an APK for a video downloading app may involve different considerations. Both, however, benefit from optimization techniques to reduce file size and improve performance.

Always make sure you are in compliance with Google Play policies and legal requirements when distributing Android applications.

good to know about your your Android APK:It’s essential to note that Snaptube APK is a third-party app for downloading videos, and it’s crucial to respect copyright and legal considerations.