Is it possible to change the variant set in movie seqence

Hi, i was wondering is it possible to change the variant set to an other inside level sequence

In the viariant manager i have different options that i would like to show inside the interior that i made. So when i’m playing the level sequence i would like to change the different level variants. For a quick swap in lets say interior styles that i made.

Hey,
I understand that you’re looking to change the variant set within a level sequence. Have you been successful in finding a resolution for this issue? I have the same question because I also want to showcase different options from the variant manager in the interior I created. It would be great if we could quickly swap between interior styles while playing the level sequence. Let me know if you have any insights or if you’re still seeking a solution.

Hello!
Yes this is possible. To some extent at least. I am working with a car, and have been successful in activating variants through the Sequencer so I can render out a sequence with the car changing appearance.
It is a bit of work…but it does work haha.

In the Car_BP, in the construction script drag out from “Construction script” and add a node called " Get All Actors Of Class", set actor class to “Level Variant Set”.
Drag from the squares icon (array) to add “get a copy” node.
Right click on the blue dot to the right (out value) and " Promote to Variable". Call this Level Variant Set".

Then in the Event Graph we do this:
evengraph

In the sequencer now:
Track the desired Blueprint.
Click the + sign to the right to add a Track. Chose: Event > Trigger
Now we create a keyframe. This is used to act a a “trigger”.
Right-click on the keyframe and do this:

This will open the Sequencer Bluprint and create the event for you. Ofcourse you can edit these yourself to do whatever you like. Perhaps link more events to one trigger point. What I did was to add more “tracks” on the BP in the sequencer and name them accordingly to have some sort of system.

Tick the “Call in editor” box to be able to see the changes as you scrub the timeline. To scrub the timeline crashes the editor almost every time.
callineditor

This setup works for me in 5.2.
Maybe I was unclear in my description, if so, let me know. This is my first post ever here so…yeah.

Good Luck :smile:

No OP but wanted to say this is SO helpful. So little info online of how to do this. Thank you!