Is it possible to change animBP variables from a recorded take?

Hi, I have been pulling my hair out the last week+ trying to find various ways to be able to change states in animBP from a recorded take in sequencer.

In my character BP, I have various states I set up using enum var’s that are exposed to cinematics to change, which are also controlling animation elements in its animBP.

When I drag my character BP into sequencer, I am able to edit these various enum states, and it updates perfectly.

However, if I record a take of me running around as the character, and use that take within sequencer, this is where it all falls apart…
I keyframe my enum values as I did when I freshly brought in the character BP, but alas the states are not updating visually on the mesh. I’m wondering if recorded takes could be somehow locking the animation flow in the animBP.

I’d love to hear any ideas :slight_smile:

Take a look at the properties on the recorded animation section in Sequencer. It may have Force Custom mode enabled, which enforces the animation mode so that Sequencer can control it. If you toggle that off, the BP should update as before.

I’ve just tried toggling off Force Custom mode within the animation track of my recorded sequence. It still does not update any keyframes I change within the track :frowning: