Is it possible to build arm64 for iOS from non source build editor?

, ,

I’m going to do the build for testing on my iPhone using the Blank Blueprint Project while keeping the capabilities supporting armv7 and arm64 processors. This was one thing I did not do so far.

Hello, ,

The conclusion I was able to get was this: Whenever the C ++ application and compile for Shipping while maintaining support for the armv7 and arm64 processors, the game will crash on launch. I tested the game and kept it enabled the armv7 and arm64 the processors together and the game ran smoothly. Thank You so Much.

Hi, . Sorry, I wrote it wrong. What I wanted to say is if the game is created in C ++, enabling the support functions for armv7 and arm64 processors simultaneously, the game crash on launch. If the game is created in Blueprint by enabling the support functions for armv7 and arm64 processors simultaneously, the game works perfectly and does not crash on launch.

Thank you so much.

I’m having this same issue. I have a C++ project, and when I try to build with arm64 support, the app crashes on launch on an iPhone 7 Plus and an .

When I try to Launch the game on an iPhone 7 Plus, I get this error for dozens of libraries:

“file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked”

LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool:
ignoring file
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/IOS/UE4-Renderer.a,
file was built for archive which is
not the architecture being linked
(arm64):
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/IOS/UE4-Renderer.aignoring
file
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/IOS/UE4-AIModule.a,
file was built for archive which is
not the architecture being linked
(arm64):
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/IOS/UE4-AIModule.a

I need this to work. I can’t move back to a Blueprint only project, I have code that needs to be in C++.

Will building the engine from source fix this issue? (I’d rather use the binary version of the Engine, but if compiling from source works, then I can do that)

I have the same problem with 4.15 https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/576584/ios-package-undefined-symbols-for-architecture-arm.html

After a full day on this issue, I’ve found out that you can build a C++ project for arm64 only for iOS, and have no issues with getting the app to build, submit to iTunes Connect, distribute through TestFlight, and run on device.

From what I can tell from Apple’s documentation, it is okay to just support arm64. And, at that point you can also drop support for opengles and just go with Metal (all arm64 devices support Metal).

Devices with arm64 are: the (but not the 5C) or newer, or newer, and or newer. (Source: Device Compatibility)

and that is not nice, i want to be able to package for armv7 , with 4.14.3 i’m able to do that , why is so impossible at 4.15 version ?

I was able to package for armv7 and arm64 today, using UE 4.15.0, on macOS 10.12.3 and Xcode 8.2.1.

Two things I hadn’t tried before was making sure OpenGL ES support was enabled, and “Generate Xcode archive package” was enabled. Not sure if the archive package will make a difference, but armv7 devices don’t support Metal, so they need OpenGL ES.

Here’s the build settings I used:

I still have problems, i want to know how did you fix it guys ?