Is it Possible to Break a Level Instance back to its Components in a map in UE5

I was curious if this is possible? I want to make a selection of meshes and export it out to my DCC, but the only way to do that is to create a level instance and from the content folder export that as an fbx. However, I don’t want my selection to be an actual level instance. Can I convert a level instance back to its components?

-Wiggs

Yes, you are given the option to ‘break’ an instance. It comes back into its’ component parts. If you’re talking about UE5’s packed level instances, at least.

Thanks @jblackwell !

You’re welcome! @Jason_CCG . You are also given the option of editing a PLI in the main overworld, then repacking it to use elsewhere. You can also make copies of PLIs, I created a modular house system that is made of nested PLIs with minor modifications. As long as your files are well-named, it lets you construct semi-unique assets and environments really fast.

Is it possible to preserve all actors’ links? When some actors have a variable that refers to another actor, this information deletes on Breaking Level Instance