Download

Is it possible to add a small mod to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter like this?

In short, can I add a small mod to the game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?

Long version: I’ve got a small event coming up and I’d like to show a slightly modded version of this game. I want to show the game with the camera at a different location in the game every X seconds. Like a slideshow, but with an actual live view.
I can list the coordinates/pitch/yaw/roll in a json or whatever is the easiest. I’ve already found out I can use bugit and bugitgo in my console to get locations and go to them. But when I travel this way, my character falls through the world. I’ve also seen used toggledebugcamera but I don’t know if and how this camera can be teleported around the world in the same way.
As far as my knowledge goes right now, I’d make a small mod that take a camera or playerpawn and moves it around every X seconds based on pre-picked coordinates. Doesn’t sound too complicated. But I’m not even sure if it’s even possible to mod this game. Before I invested my currently limited time in learning how to make this mod, I’d like to know if I’m not wasting it.
This is for one time use only, so if I need to do this with console commands to load a file, or anything else you wouldn’t recommend for players… that’s alright with me.

So is this possible? And if so, I’d love some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

You should ask the developers , I am not even sure if they would allow this :stuck_out_tongue: