Is it ok to delete the vault cache?

The vault cache folder is getting bigger and bigger. It eats my hard drive quickly. Is it ok to delete the vault cache folders?

Yes, it’s ok. You can also delete it from within the launcher

4 Likes

Great! Thx. But none of my assets have that option. That’s why I was asking if it is ok to delete it in the folder.

It may be the vault from UE4, then. What’s the folder path?

( Mind you, you only need one of them to have it - like the City Sample is 100G or something ridiculous ).

3 Likes

D:\Scratch Disk\Caches\VaultCache
I changed it as my C drive doesn’t have enough room. Here are the screenshots of the vault cache folder and my project folder.
Unreal-01
Unreal-02

Yes, it really look like a vault :slight_smile:

1 Like

So…is it ok to delete all of them?

It looks ok to me.

To be sure, what you can do in make a new folder, and move them all to that folder. Then start the engine and check everything’s ok, which I assume it will be.

1 Like

yes
I don’t, I move the vaultcache to a separate drive
I hate redownloading things
I also move the ddc to another drive

2 Likes

I delete the vault cache after downloading then adding too or creating a project. Unless you need them to put into other projects down the line you won’t need them in vault cache saving you space.

It will cache what’s needed to you’re project after you have created or added it you don’t need to keep it in vault cache.

The cache is useful for other things so you may need to keep the file there if it’s something you’re adding too many versions & projects, will save you redownloading the file everytime you add something too a project, or if you need to quickly convert a particular version you might keep it in cache but when you have over 500GB in shaders alone in one project like mine you might want to just keep it per project and not cached because it will eat up space.

1 Like